Our children are the future of Oklahoma. We owe it to our children and our communities to make sure they have the best education. I want to help create legislation that will lead Oklahoma’s educational system into the future and increase the quality of education for all Oklahoma children.
1) Administrative Level Consolidation
- Reduce amount of school districts in Oklahoma from 512 to 125 by consolidating districts at the administrative level.
- Estimated savings – 30-40 Million Dollars
- Funding saved would be moved to Direct to Class Investments
2) Universal School Choice with Vouchers
- Parents have the choice on where they want to have their child(ren) educated no matter where you live or what level of income you are.
- Gives the people the power to give their children the best possible future
3) Educational Savings Accounts
- Every child would have an ESA account created for them
- The amount of money Oklahoma spends per child would be invested in the ESA
- Parents would use that money for the school in which child attends.
- Parents can invest in that account which will gain standard dividends
- Any balances leftover will rollover to the next year